Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sharing Memories Request

One of the things Jonathan and I have been doing more lately is sharing our memories of Noah. We've done a lot of this but lately we have been doing a bit more active remembering. A friend recently shared a bit about the day Noah was born with us and her story meant a lot. I know it has been four months but I would like to put out a request to everyone to share with us a special memory you have of Noah, or even if you didn't get the chance to meet him share with us what his life has meant to you. It might be a few short sentences or pages long. It might be about the day he was born or the first time you held him or it might be about how you didn't get to hold him at all. Even if it's a story you have already shared with us write it down or share it again. We have had so much fog covering our lives this year that it can be difficult to remember. Leave us a comment, send us an e-mail, give us a phone call (though we are a bit difficult to reach at the moment) or write us a letter. It would really mean a lot to us. I have been looking at my calendar for the 28 days Noah was with us and trying to write something down for each day so if your memory has a specific date please include that. Thanks so much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

Karen said...

there are so many precious memories of noah, the first, being there at his birth. i can't thank you enough for allowing me the privilege of experiencing this with the both of you! i knew the minute i saw him slide out, that because his color was so good, we wouldn't have minutes with him but rather days!! Praise the Lord for that!

another favorite memory, is having him upstairs in our bedroom in the evening. dad and i would just stare at him propped up on our pillows, and thank God we had this precious time to get to know him a little better.

we love you all..
mom and dad

Jane Photo said...

I will never even begin to forget Noah Neufeld. The first time I met your family was when I shot your maternity images. It was the first time I had volunteered to do that (it's outside the NILMDTS mandate), and when you came in with a sleepy David and looking so impossibly young for what you were going through, my heart melted. I knew how brave you were going to have to be for what was coming. The second time, of course, was just after little Noah arrived so pink and healthy and thriving, and I was so blown away by all his loving family around him. I was blown away, too, when I had him in the back room and he focused those eyes of his right on my camera lens. That is--as you may know--rare as hens' teeth for any newborn, and there was Noah looking around, seeking something to land on (no doubt looking for mom and pop) and bang, we had that amazing image. I never saw Noah again after that evening, but I didn't really need to: he was already a part of me, and he still is, just as lively and focused and adored as he was the night he slid into this world.