Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day


I got to start of Mother's Day having Breakfast with my mom. She came to spend the weekend with us after we had to call 911 for David Thursday evening. This I'm sure would put most mothers into a panic but after loosing Noah it especially through me for a loop so I asked my mom to come help me for the weekend and she did.
Thursday David's cough all of a sudden got much worse... the day before it was only a runny nose but what really started to worry me was when he said NO to cake... that never happens! But the reason we called 911 was because he was breathing more quickly then normal. I called the nurse line 811 and after asking me several questions about his breathing they recommended I call 911... not what I was expecting! So I called 911 and the fire truck responded within a few minutes followed by the ambulance not long after. They first wanted to use an oxygen mask which for me brought back Noah's last few hours... not sure if David remembers that or not but he didn't want to have anything to do with it. He was pretty lethargic when the ambulance arrived but once the Tylenol we had given him earlier kicked in he sat up and was a bit livelier. I rode with him to the hospital where he spent over 6 hours. They x-rayed his chest and gave him medicine which he had to breath in through a mask.
Mom and Dad had been over for dinner so they were able to watch Angeline for us. I came home about 4 hours before Jonathan and David. It was hard to leave David at the hospital but I had to get back to my baby girl and I knew Jonathan would take care of David. I was glad not to be there when they had to tie him down for x-rays and while they gave him medicine through a mask for 40 minutes because of coarse he really didn't like any of that but it was for his good.
He is doing much better now... still has a bit of a cough. The diagnosis is some form of Bronchitis or Childhood Asma.
This morning David coldn't quite remember the mommy song Daddy had been teaching him but he did pick my some dandy lions and say "happy birthday mommy."
This mothers day I am both especially thankful for my mothers and for the chance to be a mother. I love my kids, my boys and my Angeline.

3 comments:

BSLytwyn said...

Oh my goodness poor little boy David, I hope you get 100% back to your normal sweet self really soon little guy. I know how scary that can be, everytime Cameron has a cold that is what happens with him and he seems to get colds monthly so it's really hard on us. I don't know if they mentioned this to you at all when you were at the hospital but walk-in clinics have those masks and that medicine on site incase this ever happens again. We take Cameron there regularly for that when he has a cold. Just thought I would let you know that as we have been to the hospital with Cameron when this happened the first time and he got the same diagnosis. They mentioned the clinic to us because then it's not such a long wait. Angeline is getting so big already, 8 weeks already eh?. Wow it really feels at the most to me only 4- time sure does fly.

Happy Mothers Day Meliss, Hope you have an amazing day you really deserve it!.

Love,Sheena.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Melissa. We think that you are a great mum and we cant wait to spend time with you all. So thankful that David is alright. We are always thinking of you and Noah and we miss him so much.

Love Uncle Jared and Katherine

Lindsay said...

oh my! that must have been scary!! glad that David is doing better and that you had a good Mother's Day. You look so much like your mom! :)