Monday, May 30, 2011

David's 1st trip without us




Friday night I packed David's suitcase and began the preparations to send my first born off on his first trip without mommy or daddy. He's had sleep overs before including two nights at Nana & Papa's but I took him there and was staying with my Dad close by so this was harder for me. He was so excited, even called Grammy Friday night to see what time she would be coming to get him in the morning. Saturday morning he woke up and said "I'm going to Shuswap today." He did say he was going to miss me but was definitely looking forward to his time at the Lake.
Saturday morning while he was getting ready Angeline tried to pack her toothbrush with his. He told her "Your not coming Angie" and she said "I'm not coming?"... as they were pulling away she pouted and said that she wanted to go too.
Looking forward to seeing him later today and to hearing all about his adventures. He is going to be 5 at the end of June and it seems lately that he is becoming such a little grown up. The other day when Jonathan telling him not to do something he said "I was just teasing you Daddy." At Costco last week when we were in the refrigerated produce section he took off his vest and put it over Angeline because it was cold. He certainly knows how to look out for his sisters. He is my sweet little man.

2 comments:

Lauren Laidler said...

hope you enjoyed your time back with david!!!!! we got to skype him on sunday! was lovely to see him and to see him at the lake too! he looked like he had a wonderful time!!!! x

Karen said...

what a good trip! he loved your note, and picture!! good idea =)