Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer - 29 weeks

Today marks the beginning of my 29th week of pregnancy with Summer. (I am counting by our original due date of August 16th because I feel it is the most accurate and I tend to deliver 2 weeks early anyway). We had a doctors appointment yesterday and everything is continuing to go well. I feel great... with it being pregnancy #5 I am making sure I take care of myself (Jonathan is taking good care of me too). 29 weeks pregnant with Summer brings me to a total of 181 weeks being pregnant (or 3 years and 25 weeks).
It is likely that Summer will be born around 38 weeks which brings us to August 2nd (or 11th)... and I am really starting to feel like she is almost here! June is a very busy month for us so there is not a lot of time left in between to prepare bed rooms, sort baby clothes, make birth announcements, pack hospital bag, make and freeze meals, and prepare emergency phone contact list... that's just the stuff I want to get done for baby never mind the other stuff that I know I won't have time for once she arrives! Thankfully Jonathan is taking 6 weeks parental leave this time so I am anticipating a much smoother transition then usual.
At 29 weeks Summer weighs about 2 3/4 pounds and is about 16 3/4 inches tall. We are no longer worrying about what to name our little girl... we've been able to come up with about 5 girl names we both like, including the same favourite name so it shouldn't be too much of a problem and we have already chose her 2 middle names. We will continue calling her "Summer" until she arrives as we want to see which name suits her best when she gets here. And as always we are keeping our names a secret so you will just have to wait and see.
I went for a blood test today and will see the doctor again in 2 weeks. Will try to post a belly picture soon.

No comments: