Thursday, June 9, 2016

Surprise!

IMG_5709

IMG_5711

By Sunday we will be 12 weeks for the 7th time! I named this post "Surprise" because we were very surprised to learn our family was continuing to grow... though most people weren't as surprised as we were. It is seeming to take us forever to reach 12 weeks... probably because our due date got moved back 6 days after our first ultrasound in early May.

For our last 2 children we found out their genders at our 20 week scans. This time around we thought it would be fun to keep it a surprise until he or she arrives in December. We are DUE Christmas Day and we are typically 2 weeks early so unless this Baby is truly meant as a Christmas gift we are expecting to deliver sometime around December 8th. Since we already have Birthday's on the 8th and the 9th I am sort of hoping for the 7th or the 10th... though either of our December Birthdays would be happy to share their day with our new arrival.

I am still in the lovely state of nausea though I keep counting my blessings that it's not as bad as my last two and I keep counting down the weeks until I am likely to enjoy my food again. Hormones are in full swing in other ways too and I found myself teary the other day listening to the American National anthem before a hockey game on t.v. (weird, right?)

On Tuesday we had a prenatal check up and were able to hear Baby's heart beating... such a lovely sound. Soon we will have the reassurance of each little kick and turn but for now it was nice to hear such a reassuring sound.







2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Oh wow -- exciting!!! Congratulations to you and your lovely family :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoying all the updates. Thanks Melissa
Love,
Nana