Tuesday, November 6, 2007

How are you doing?


I have been wanting to give an update on how everything is going and when people ask "How are you?" it is really a difficult question to answer. I can say that Jonathan and I are doing okay but what does "okay" really mean? It means that we are sad that we won't likely have much time with our baby boy if any. It means that some days are better then others and that each day has its share of heartache. With so many questions that remain unanswered we really have to take things "one day at a time." Will I carry to full term? Will we meet our son before he goes to heaven? How long do we have? How sick will he be? These are all questions we will not have answers to until the time comes. Despite our sadness we still smile together. David makes that very easy for us and we are even more thankful for him now then we have ever been. This morning he spat his soother out and gave me his first "real" snack on the lips, puckered up kiss and I am reminded once again that the joys of motherhood make all the difficult times and sleepless nights worth while.

I know our family and friends have been doing their own research on Trisomy 13 and I wanted to share a website from one of the support organizations for anyone who is interested. www.trisomy.org
I also wanted to let people know that there is a Trisomy bracelet available for $5 (please don't feel obligated) I just would like one for myself and if anyone else would like one I will be placing an order on Monday. www.trisomykidsarespecial.com
I also wanted to thank everyone for their support. We really appriciate your prayers, phone calls, e-mails, cards, hugs, and all the kind things you are doing to help us through this difficult time. So many of you are even sharing our tears and we are touched.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Melissa, that was a beautiful post--well said. I am definitely sharing in your tears, although you can't see them. My Bible study has been praying for you. I hope you feels God's love and peace today. Miss you lots
love Sabrina