Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FOUND

Just incase anyone is franticly searching the woods near there homes I wanted to let you know that Tasha I has been found and is safe! David found her just a few minutes ago but I can't be sure where as I was in the other room. Although when I left the room a few minutes prior he had cimbed behind the couch so I think it is a safe assumption that she was hiding behind there. He was very glad to see her again and also glad that he found her himself and didn't have to give up any nickels. He was so glad to see her that he even got upset when I took her away for two seconds to snap a picture so that I could post about her return.
I have taken a lot of pictures in the last little while so I thought I would share them. This picture was taken at Oma and Opa's on May 3rd... David is enjoying one of Oma's homemade Oreo's which we ended up cutting in half because he wasn't quite sure what to do with such a big cookie.
Here is our Monkey helping himself to the computer. The fact that we keep it on our tall dresser does no good anymore. He finds things to stand on (including his stroller which he pushed into our room the other day) and he reaches the mouse whenever we leave it out. He also likes to turn the monitor on and off. Ahhhh! His climbing just got even worse (or better I should say) when he managed to get on the piano to play with Grammy's WillowTree collection. He is currently playing with mine which I am just trying to find a place to relocate them to but we are running out of high spots so I may just have to pack them up. He now gets completely on top of my dresser and our book shelf.
This is Joel (some of you know him well and others may recognise him from Carolyne's blog to which I have a link set up). He is four months older then David and we enjoyed having him over for dinner with Brad and Carolyne last night. Here they are watching David's newest Backyardigans DVD (International Super Spy) ... I couldn't get one of the songs out of my head last night when I was trying to sleep. But we had a nice visit and it is good for David to have someone his age to play with. They are so cute together and they get along well.
These pictures were taking this morning when David found daddy's bike helmet and decided to wear it. It was so cute I just had to take pictures, especially since Jonathan was already at work. Jonathan is planning to bike to work on a somewhat regular basis now that he is working close by. He started his new job as head produce manager in Richmond on Monday and I know he is enjoying it. It's nice for us too. We dropped daddy off at work this morning (less then a 10 minute drive) and then we used the van to go to Walmart and then mom's and tots for some play time. At walmart I bought David his first bike helmet for when we take him on our bikes. Jonathan is installing toddler seats on our bikes and I know David is going to love it. It will also be great for roller blades if he gets his first pair for his birthday this year and for ridding his own bike when he is ready for that. Every time we go to Walmart I can't help but let David pick out a hotwheels car. They don't cost much and he loves to play cars... plus he doesn't have very many right now.
It seems like there is a lot we have to teach him at the moment and that can sometimes be overwhelming. Plus he is always getting into something. But we love our little boy. We are looking forward to celebrating his birthday next month... and can't believe that he is almost 2.


No comments: