Saturday, May 24, 2008

I say Tomato...

I was so thankful for another summer day, they have been too few and far in between. David and I spent the morning outside. We planted the tomato plants grandma Unger gave us, we will have to wait to see if they give yellow or red tomato's (there was a bit of a mix up so it's a surprise)... I am just hoping they do well because I don't have much of a green thumb. After planting the tomato's and some flowers I did some more weeding while David played with his ducks. I like to garden while David plays. He can easily spend the whole day outside so it gives me something to do when he is being independent (which is most of the time). I did force David inside for an early nap today because he was up at 5am from a night terror and didn't go back to sleep. Gardening is supposed to be a good stress reliever and I do find it relaxing. Plus even though I am better at killing plants then making them grow it is working out because most of the gardening is just weeding. Once we put David to bed Jonathan and I washed the van and car. I can definitely say we had both a productive and fun summer day. Hope everyone else was able to enjoy the sun today. Jonathan has also been ridding his bike to and from work so he gets to enjoy the nice weather that was as well.



2 comments:

Dave said...

I don't know how I came upon your site but I did. My Name is David Neufeld, my son who is 2 (July 2,2006) his name is Noah. I grew up in southern Alberta but now live by Las Vegas. We have number 2 on the way and will be born in July. I am sorry for your loss, with your son Noah. I can't imagin how hard that must be. I just thought is amazing to come across another Neufeld family with so many names the same.

Jenn Stevenson said...

Looks like a nice summer day up north!
Wanted to let y'all know that we'll be visiting the island July 2 - 16th! We'll be at Rathtrevor camping from July 7 - 12. Let me know if you'll be on the island any time in there so that we can get the boys together to play.
Love Jenn & Bronson