Sunday, February 21, 2010

Celebrating Angeline's Dedication

Today we Dedicated Angeline and had a Celebration at our place afterwards with some family to celebrate her dedication and her upcoming first Birthday. Angeline is sporting her lovely pink princess dress that Aunty Mandy got her when she was born. I made her a carrot cake in the shape of a bunny and I also made pulled pork for lunch. I was happy with the way everything turned out. Here are just a few pictures from today. Jared was able to video tape for us (thank you Jared!) so we may also add a video of the actual dedication at a later time.






Angeline. Your name means "God's Messenger"... and you certainly are our Angel. God has blessed us with a daughter and today we thank HIM for the gift you are to us. The scripture we have chosen for your dedication reflects our spiritual aspirations for your life. Psalm 34... reading verses 1-7 & 11.

"I will praise the Lord at all times.

I will constantly speak his praise.

I will boast only in the Lord;

let all who are discouraged take heart.

Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness;

let us exalt his name together.

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me,

freeing me from all my fears.

Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;

no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

I cried out to the Lord in my suffering, and he heard me.

He set me free from all my fears.

For the angel of the Lord guards all who fear him,

and he rescues the.

Come, my children, and listen to me,

and I will teach you to fear the Lord."

We pray that as you grow these words written by the psalmist David would become your words. We pray that you would praise God through life's difficult circumstance, that you would come to Him in prayer bringing all your fears before Him, and that as you do He would set you free from all your worries so that you can reach your full potential as a daughter of God. We ask for God's wisdom as we guide and support you in your walk. We love you.

5 comments:

ribeirofamilia said...

Congratulations! We're sorry we missed it.

Karen said...

when you smile angie, it makes my heart smile!! i love you soooo much!

thanks jon & melissa for today, the meal was just awesome!

Lauren Laidler said...

loved all the pics! glad the day went so well! the cake looked great!!!! well done!!!!! xx

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful Melissa, I'm sorry I missed it. She looks so pretty in her princess dress. Thanks for sharing. Love. A. Jo

Sharon said...

Very sweet :) Thanks for sharing!!