Saturday, July 10, 2010

How does your garden grow?


I have been finding a bit more time lately to work on the garden. I have definitely had to water more often now that summer is here. This morning I took some pictures before I watered just to give you an idea of how our garden is growing. We also have some tomato plants but they aren't doing too well this year... not sure if we will get any big tomatoes. We have rasberries which have started and blueberries (no berries yet). We also have parsley and dill and we have already harvested and eaten our radishes. I planted some things too early I think that never grew including zucchini which is supposed to be easy (and I love zucchini). Next year I want to try broccoli because it is supposed to be delicious when home grown. I am learning lots and having fun and the kids like it too. There is only ever one ripe strawberry on our bush at a time because he always checks and eats them (but that's what they are for). I am hoping to get out some more soon, let the kids play while it is a bit cooler outside and get some MORE weeding done (there is always more weeding to do).
Carrots
Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers
Cherry Tomatoes
Potatoes
Noah's Roses

Strawberries

Peas

6 comments:

theBreedvelds said...

Looking good Melissa! Finally we've had some good weather to help our little gardens grow!!

Lauren Laidler said...

your garden looks fabulous! wow! thanks for sharing the pics! can't wait to see your house and garden in person!!!!! xx

Karen said...

all your hard work is definitely paying off, your backyard looks great, so enjoy sitting outside watching the kids play!

Lindsay said...

Yum! Nothing like home-grown fruits and veggies!

Jenn Stevenson said...

Oh, to have a yard (that isn't fake...) Someday:)

Wow, your kids have grown!!!

Sabrina said...

Lovely garden! Mine is looking a little dried out after being away for 2 weeks. I will try and revive it and post some pictures on my blog for you to see very soon!