Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shuswap Lake Part I









We got back from our summer holidays at Shuswap Lake yesterday afternoon. We are still working on putting a few things away and settling in back at home. We had a wonderful vacation and great weather but it is always nice to be at home and I must say it felt good to sleep in my own bed!
During our week at Shuswap Angeline (16months old) said 7 new words... "bath, cookie, cracker, oh-oh, grandpa, go (can't remember the other one right now)."
David enjoyed rowing the dingy (which he does well), taking the dog for a walk, ridding his scooter down the hill, and driving grandpa's boat.
They both loved all the watermelon and extra desserts and playing peek-a-bo in between the tubes.
Jonathan and I enjoyed the extra hands to help out with the kids (3 sets of grandparents, 2 uncles and 1 aunt), the food, the chance to play a few games of settlers and mexican train and the time to visit with everyone. We also went mini golfing with David for the first time and his uncles and auntie and had ice-cream which is always a favorite. We also drove to Vernon on Monday to visit my Great-Grandpa.
I plan to post some more pictures and maybe a video or two... thus titling this post "Part I."

No comments: