Monday, July 4, 2011

Samara's Dedication, Father's Day




This Year Father's Day was even more special because we also celebrated Samara's Dedication.
(Melissa) Samara, our fourth child and daughter number two I hope you never feel second best or last in line. Even before you were conceived in my womb you were conceived in my heart and my love for you has been growing ever since. As I think back 6 months to the day you were born it seems like just yesterday. You hold the record for most quickly named child (in our household)… only moments after your birth. I looked over to your daddy and said "her name is Samara Anne Marie" and that was that. SAMARA means God-led ; protected by God and our prayer for you is that you would entrust your life to God and seek to do His will.
(Jonathan) On fathers day I am reminded of how blessed I am with the children God has given me.  Samara you are so precious and as you grow and explore the world around you I can't help but wish that time would stand still and that we can enjoy your smiles and innocence forever. You are patient, gentle and fun… adding so much love and joy to our family. The verses we have chosen for your dedication come from Psalm 143 (v. 8-10). We dedicate these verses to you as well as to ourselves as we strive to raise you in a way that brings glory to God.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, 
   for I have put my trust in you. 
Show me the way I should go, 
   for to you I entrust my life. 
Rescue me from my enemies, LORD, 
   for I hide myself in you. 
Teach me to do your will, 
   for you are my God; 
may your good Spirit 
   lead me on level ground.

No comments: