Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 10-13



 From our SSRW "All Aboard" Language Arts book we covered letters B, C & D p.23-46
 This week for Math we covered Unit 7 (Number Recognition and Writing Numerals) and Unit 8 (Geometric Shapes:Triangles)
This is a picture of our classroom bulletin board. We talk about the months, days of the week, letter of the day, weather and it is also home to our Hundred Number Chart.

This week I introduced French to our weekly school time activities using a "Little Pim" DVD. "French In My Home" is number 4 of the series... introducing french words around the house... bed, toys, kitchen, couch, dog, cat, brother, sister... etc.

This week we read a LOT of library books. I am off to the library now to return some and borrow some more. I feel like each week we are more organized and settled into our routine. We haven't had much of a social life since School started but we are keeping really busy. Only 5 more weeks until 1st term is complete. If anyone has wanted to homeschool their children but felt overwhelmed at the thought I can say this... you can do kindergarten! I know I can do kindergarten (I should hope so) and we are taking it one year at a time.

No comments: