Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sneak Peak

It has been 1 1/2 weeks since our old kitchen got demolished to make way for our new kitchen. Last week we stayed at Mom & Dad's for a few night while the dust settled (so to speak). On the weekend Mom and Al were here to help and this week we have been settling in to life as we know it.
I am pretty much living in our basement with a makeshift kitchen set up on our folding table. It hasn't been too bad cooking in a microwave and toaster oven. Throw in the pancake grill, rice cooker and slow cooker along with a little imagination and it is amazing what you can come up with. I DO miss my oven but once the cupboards are installed that will get hooked up again. My back does get a little sore doing dished in the tub but I keep saying that I have nothing to complain about because i have an endless supply of clean, running water. Mostly I am just looking forward to everything getting put away, cleaned up and to having my husband back again. Jonathan continues to work around the clock giving 110% at work and at home. He IS amazing. Just thought I would share this sneak peak photo of our floor, cupboard, paint and counter samples... the picture gives you an idea anyway... the blue looks a bit different in person... will probably look a bit different on the wall too. Don't tell me if you don't like it... we've already bought everything! I look forward to blogging the finished project hopefully mid November.

No comments: