Wednesday, January 16, 2008

33 Weeks

We are now into our 33rd week of pregnancy (possibly 34th) and things are continuing to go well. We spent the day at the hospital and had 3 of our 4 appointments. We didn't end up getting to see the doctor from NICU so they have rescheduled for this Monday. First we had our ultrasound... the one and only highlight of the day. The technician said that Noah is doing surprisingly well for a Trisomy 13 baby. They measures him and estimate his weight to be 4lbs 7oz. This is only 7ounces smaller then what I weighed at birth. There are still some major concerns with his heart and we don't know how well his brain has formed but other then that and a few extra fingers and toes he is well formed.
We got some infromtation from the hospital social worker and I will be meeting with her again next week. Other then that MFM checked my blood pressure and height of fondus and all is well. Just wanted to give the update because I know many of you have been waiting to hear about our appointments.

2 comments:

Patyrish said...

I found your blog this evening, I can't sleep.

I have a daughter with partial trisomy 11,22 aka Emanuel Syndrome. It is not the same thing that your sweet boy has but they do share many of the same medical problems.

I have to say that I am in awe of how gracefully you seem to be handling all you are going through. You are such a brave family. We did not know about my daughter's condition until she was born and I had a terrible time dealing with everything. I admire your strength. I believe the love you have for your son will see your through anything. He will amaze you. I promise you will be forever changed because of him. These children are surely angels on earth. They are wiser than all of us ever could be.

I plan on keeping up with your story and I will be praying for your sweet boy. :-)

Trisomy 13 Life with Natalia ~ Transformed by Love said...

Hello, I can't remember if I've sent you a comment before, I have a google alert for trisomy 13.

I have a daughter who surprised us at birth with her genetic syndrome of trisomy 13... She is still with us.. and now 7yrs. old... She is amazing. The first year is typically rough..but I'm available if you or your wife would like to chat...you can contact me via a support site for families who know your journey.
ThereseAnn mom to Natalia full t13
http://www.livingiwthtrisomy13.org
We have another family presently on our prenatal page if you'd like to visit with themhttp://livingwithtrisomy13.org/trisomy-13-prenatal-photos.htm

Be sure to view the living kids and the Treasured Memory Album pages..
Wishing you the best and keeping you in prayer.