Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Noah!

Today we celebrated Noah's 1st Birthday. Jonathan, David and I spent some time together as a family. We went to the mall and made Noah's Bear at "Build-A-Bear"... a first birthday gift tradition we started with David. We also went on a train ride and David announced "All Aboard!" several times throughout our short journey... very cute. I didn't make a cake for Noah this year. I had wanted to but coming up to the date I felt it was just going to make me more sad so instead the 3 of us went to the Marble Slab Creamery and each had an ice cream creation of our own. David had blueberry sweet cream with gummy bears and afterwards he just sat there giggling for 5 minutes... wish we had it on camera. Jonathan is just putting David to bed and tonight we will watch Noah's video's and look through some pictures. My hope for today (and every birthday to come) was that we could celebrate his life and what he means to us despite the sadness we feel from missing him so much. Though we did have some tears I can say that we were able to celebrate Noah's life and for that I am truly grateful.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is definitely a beautiful way to remember such a beautiful little boy! You're all in our thoughts and prayers.

Lindsay said...

Thinking of you today.

ribeirofamilia said...

We're glad you were able to celebrate Noah's life in a special little way.