Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year...

I was going to end 2011 with a blogged Christmas letter but somehow the New Year has already found us. I will post Christmas pictures hopefully in the next few days as Jonathan has a few days off. We did have a lovely year end filled with lots of visits with far away family including my brother Ryan  (and Ashlin) from Grande Prairie and Jonathan's sister Lauren (and Brent)  from England. We are looking forward to a trip to the Island in January as well.
2012 is fairly brand new at this point but it is always nice to have a fresh start with each New Year. I am looking forward to going back to church this morning after missing a few Sundays before Christmas. I am looking forward to beginning school again with David after a few weeks off. Samara has been very cautious with her walking (mostly because of her brother and sister running circles around her) but she has been walking her way into the new year quite literally.
We are all looking forward to Winter changing into Spring and Spring into Summer. Another season of walks to the park, endless hours of play in the backyard,  and another garden to plant. Angeline will soon be 3 and I am starting to feel like the 2's have mostly stayed in 2011. By the end of this Year Samara will turn 2 and we will be tested in new ways through her unique self. David will turn 6 and in September we will begin another year of homeschool with Grade 1!
I'm not sure all that 2012 will bring but I am looking forward to each day filled with new experiences and new memories to cherish.
As far as New Years Resolutions??? Jonathan and I recently started MacArthur's Study Bible for reading the bible in 1 year... it's not so much that we finish it in exactly one year but that we make the time to sit down together and spend time in God's Word. I hope to continue in Bible Study Fellowship on Wednesdays with the kids studying the book of Acts... it is amazing what we have learned since September (and I have studied Acts before). I think we will put the kids in some swimming lessons, Jonathan plans to play soccer this Spring, and I am hoping to sign up for an exercise class of some sort.
From our family to yours we wish everyone a year filled with Strength and Peace to endure hard times and Love to make this world a better place.

The Neufelds

No comments: