Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 6-21





When I last posted David's homeschool work he was just finishing his "All Aboard" book from our "Sing, Spell, Read, Write" Curriculum. The above pictures are samples of his work from the next book "On Track." In "All Aboard" he learned all his letters, how to write them and what sound they make. Now he can identify what letter a word starts with by sounding it out. He recently learned his short vowel sounds and has been putting sounds together. A lot of this is taught by song. A few days ago he started reading! I guess I didn't get a picture of "Picture Dictionary" which is a new work page from his new book that he does every few days. He traces a word, reads it and then draws a picture. We are so proud of him and excited and he is too! We are continuing to really enjoy this curriculum!



 In Math David has been working on addition as you can see in the above examples. I can't believe he is doing vertical addition! He has also been working on Skip Counting by 2's to 20 (below).

I also wanted to include this Valentines Day picture which was a colour by number picture. He also made 15 Valentine Cards for his classmates at the Resource Centre (sadly I did not think to get a picture of them before he went to school). He was really into Valentines this year and cut out his own hearts and coloured a lot of Valentine pictures. He has been doing a lot of crafts which I sometimes forget are part of school too. I will try to get some pictures of recent projects and make a separate post just for that. Term 2 is coming to an end but I am very happy with David's progress so far this year. I can't believe that soon we will be beginning his last Term of Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Karen said...

great job David!! so exciting..