Thursday, July 26, 2012

37 weeks- the hardest part

Waiting is the hardest part... and that's saying a lot knowing full well what my body has to accomplish to bring this Baby into the world.
We are 37 weeks today (which is considered full term). Summer could arrive at any moment or she could decide to take her sweet time. My body is definitely showing signs that it is preparing for labour to start but the varying range for  when those first true contractions will occur can be anywhere from hours to weeks.
This morning the minutes are passing by slowly. We have not been getting out of the house much because at this point it just requires too much effort (and way too many bathroom breaks).  As a result the kids and I all seem to have a bit of "cabin fever."
We are "ready" for the most part in the sense that our bags are packed and the car seat is installed. As always there is still lots to do. It would be ideal to be on top of the house work and there are several projects I would like to complete before I bring Summer home... I guess I just need to focus on those and keep my mind off the when and the how.
If we take a picture in the next few days we will add it to this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not long now honey. Hang in there. Love you
mom