Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Picnic Day





Yesterday I spent a good part of the day timing contractions. They were steady for over 6 hours but not progressing. Without completely giving my hopes up I was thinking Summer was on her way. I had a similar labour with Samara only we went to the hospital and they broke my water to encourage things to get going. After breaking my water my contractions stopped so then they didn't have much choice other then to put me on oxytocin (which is NOT fun)... rather then have a repeat I thought I would just wait it out and see if my body would kick into the second stage of labour on its own (but obviously it didn't).
That being said today needed to be a picnic day. I needed to get out of the house and get the kids out too. They went for a bike ride in the trails (we walked) and then played at the water-park and playground. And we had lunch. It was a nice morning for everyone... just thought I would share some pictures.

1 comment:

Marg Leman said...

What a great day to make memories. I so enjoy catching up on your family and all the exciting things you are up to.
Hugs & God Bless