Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Home Alone DAY 2

Naomi is now 6 days old and today we weren't quite as Home Alone. Grammy and Great-Grandma came for a visit and brought us lunch (thank you)! Breakfast was easy... shakes (love our new Blentex). Dinner was easy too because we had some left overs stacking up in the fridge.

Our visit made the day go by more quickly and nap time and bed time ran as usual... just a little later on the bed time. Jonathan took Joshua to the ER when he got home from work to solve the mystery of his sore foot. He has had 4 days since October where he just won't walk on it. Turns out its not his foot but his hip. Inflammation in the hip caused by a previous virus. It's common... and more common in boys. It should resolve itself in 6 months. He was walking again by the time they got home.

Naomi is continuing to do well. She is just getting a bit too much milk at the moment but I suppose it is better then the opposite. Hoping that department will have normalized by the weekend. I am doing well also. Beside the discomfort of too much milk I am still retaining a lot of water but otherwise my recovery is going smoothly.

We did manage to cross off the two things I wanted to get done yesterday. 1- A bath for Naomi. 2- Naomi's Laundry. I had wanted to do her first bath in her tub and take pictures and it ended up being a quick bath with Daddy because that is what worked but the important thing is she got clean. So all in all it was a good day. I think my conclusion after day 2 is that 6 isn't much more than 5 and having a newborn is easier with the extra little hands. Angeline and Samara especially do a great job holding their sister for long periods. I was even able to grab a shower this morning!

No comments: