Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Noah's Dedication, Dec. 9th



Dear Noah,

Today we thank God for the gift of your life. We are thankful that God chose us to be your parents and for the opportunity to have you as our precious son. As we think of the hard times we have come through this pregnancy, and the difficult times still to come we reflect on the truth found in Psalm 139.

Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 (NIV)

5 As you do not know the path of the wind,

or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb,

so you cannot understand the work of God,

the Maker of all things.

These words remind us that God is in control of your life and of all our lives. Though we do not know how long God plans for us to be together, we will cherish each day and hold you close in our hearts forever.

As we dedicate you to God we rededicate ourselves and your brother David. We ask that God will continue to give us strength as a family and wisdom to make the right decisions as we go through life.

Our prayer for you is that you would experience God’s love and the love we have for you. You are so very loved. We pray that God gives you peace and comfort and that we will be able to comfort you aswell. Amen

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I was all teary eyed at work watching this. Thanks for posting, Melissa... And for reminding us all that our God is good and faithful!

Patyrish said...

This was one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a long time. The scriptures REALLY spoke to me.