Sunday, April 6, 2008

We are all Canucks!

Last night Jonathan and I went to the Canucks game. We were hoping they would still be in the running for the playoffs but we were still happy to be going to a game. If you watched the game last night (and even if you didn't) you know how bad we lost (6-1). That part wasn't so great but what was really neat was it is rumoured to be Trevor Linden's last game. Whether this is the case or not the fans gave him tremendous support including several standing ovations with enthusiastic applause. There were lots of Linden jerseys on the backs of fans and various signs of love, support and encouragement. I don't watch many games throughout regular season but I do remember watching Trevor Linden and the Canucks in the playoffs when I was in grade 5 and I know he was a Canuck even before that. Last night was fan appreciation night and both Jonathan and I were hoping to win his jersey. We didn't end up winning anything but we were glad to be part of the 215th consecutive sell out. Let's look forward to next years season and hopefully play offs.


Here is our big boy David in his big boy bed. We had to take down his crib in the middle of March and I have been meaning to post pics of him in his new bed for a while. These pics were taken during his nap on Friday while he was cuddled up with Backyardigan Tyrone. Lately he has been full of kisses and this morning after kissing Jonathan and I while we were still in bed he brought me cherios. My first breakfast in bed... so cute! He likes to share... even when we don't want him too and gets quite upset if we don't take what he is offering. We are just waiting for him to start saying "Why?"... he is currently saying "What is it?" a lot!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

looks like you guys had a fun evening, even though canucks didn't win. that's awesome that david is doing so well in his big boy bed too!

Lindsay said...

hi melissa! it was nice to see you at the game on saturday. i hope i didn't scare you running up to you like that! i had a great time (even though they lost). LOVE my Linden! :)