Monday, October 20, 2008

Body Surfing (ouch)!

October 14th was the second day of 2 days that was really wavy. Since we couldn't snorkel I decided to try body surfing. Dad (Rob) and Jared were doing it and it looked like fun. (At the time I sort of forgot that I was 16 weeks Pregnant).

It actually is fun as long as you get up before the next wave hits. It's a bit of a process because one wave brings you in and then drags you back out if you aren't fast enough. I was doing well until the waves got a bit bigger and closer together (sort of like contractions *smile*) then I didn't have enough time to recover in between and to top it all off my wrist cord got tangled around one of my legs.

Needless to say I ended up flopping around like a pregnant beached whale while wave after wave crashed on top of me and then dragged me back out... until I managed to untangle myself and stand up again. I was alright just got a bit of a sand burn and swallowd a bit of ocean. Didn't catch it on video though I am sure it was a sight to behold... you will have to ask everyone who was too busy laughing to help me (thanks honey). But here is a short video that Grandma Unger did get of my attempts. If Sweet Pea loves the ocean she has me to thank.

2 comments:

Jenn Stevenson said...

Hee hee, poor Melissa! Glad that you had so much fun. Bronson loves his post card, he makes me re-read it over and over like it's a book.
It looks wonderful there, I was indifferent to Maui before, but now seeing your pics I really want to go!
Love Jenn

Lindsay said...

SHE?!? Do you know Melissa or just a guess? ;) Glad you had fun in Maui... it is my favourite place to vacation!!