Thursday, October 16, 2008

We love to Snorkel!


Now I mentioned in our "Maui Ocean Center" entry that was the only major excursion we did during our Maui vacation... so what did we do with the rest of our time? Three things... Beach, Pool and Snorkel! One of the firs things we did when we woke up the first morning was pick up our snorkel gear from "Snorkel Bob's"... Jonathan rented a prescription mask this time so that he could see everything perfectly and since I already have a mask and snorkel I just picked up flippers (which really help... we didn't use them last time). We snorkeled in 3 different Bay's, 5 days out of our trip. We had the equipment rented for 7 days but 2 of the days were way too wavy to snorkel. The main Bay we snorkeled at was Napili Bay... the beach right near where we stayed. We also snorkeled twice at Kapalua Bay and once at Turtle Bay. All 3 bay's had turtle's and we swam with them at each bay. David even got to see a turtle up close because there was one that stayed in a little tide pool area where he could stand with Grandpa Rob and watch. At Kapalua bay we saw a sting ray 3 different times but I think it was the same one and Jonathan saw two octopus. Turtle bay had the prettiest reefs but was the most dangerous to get in and out of. The water in Turtle Bay is deep so the coral stays beautiful. I liked different things about all three Bays so I can't say which is my favorite but our first day at Napili beach a huge turtle swam right beside me and that was really neat.

Most of the pictures were taken at Kapalua Bay but I think the one of Jonathan was taken at Napili.

No comments: