Monday, October 15, 2012

In the beginning...


Dating 4 Months, February 2005 - Mill Lake, Abbotsford

 Shuswap Lake July, 2005
(3 months Engaged)

Biking along the Adams River
 August 28, 2005
Costume Party, October 30, 2005 (married 2 weeks)

Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary (tomorrow will be our 8 year dating anniversary) and it has been just over a decade since Jonathan and I met. I thought it would be fun to look back at a few photo's from our beginning and share then with you as well!
I could go into details about what we have been up to since we started our blissful union seven years ago but if you read our blog you know all about our lovely children and they are certainly the highlights!
I can't say that every minute of the last seven years has been blissful (though I doubt any one else, single or married could either) BUT I can say I have been incredibly blessed having Jonathan beside me through the good times and the bad.
Early this week David was listening when Jonathan and I exchanged "I love you's" on the couch and he said "Oh, I didn't know that Mommies and Daddies love each other too!" I've always thought that we are fairly openly affectionate but after that remark we may have to work a little bit harder to make it more noticeable to our children that we are in love.
Thank you to my Husband for putting up with my "bad times" and always helping me to see the good in our circumstances when life overwhelms. Thank you for putting 110% into everything you do. You are an amazing provider, father and friend... and more ;)
Looking forward to our celebrations tonight. With 4 kids we celebrate a little differently. We will be putting them to bed early and ordering Greek. I'm sure it won't go according to plans... little does anymore but we will celebrate together.
Happy Anniversary Jonathan... I love you more each year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy aniversary Melissa and Jon. Love you both very much. Next time I am over you should arrange a date night.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Where has the time gone? Although I can't say that life has been easy these past seven years, having you as my life partner certainly has made it more fun, enjoyable, and much more bearable. Sure there has been many times of stress and work, yet it has always been rewarding.
Some of rewards are somewhat delayed like when we are empty-nester's :P
But in all honesty just like seven years ago when I said 'I do' I still look forward to growing old with you, and walking beside you through all that life has in store for us. I love you more... and more each year too ;)
Happy Anniversary Melissa
-Jonathan