Monday, September 15, 2008

Big Boy Transition-Phase 1 Complete

I thought it was time for another David update. He is growing so fast right now I can't possibly keep up but we have had a major milestone and I will share a few smaller things as well. Phase 1 is no more bottle! I thought this was going to be a lot more difficult then it was. We cut him down to half a bottle at night time a few months ago now and would occasionally give him the other half if he woke up too early in the morning. As of our trip to Shuswap he hasn't had any bottles at all. I packed one of the bottles he used to use because I didn't want to bring liners which we were using for his current bottles. I warmed up his milk and tried to give it to him in the "old" bottle and he didn't want it. So that whole weekend he had none. When we got back we decided that since he went all weekend without a bottle that was it... he was weaned. After a few fussy nights we settled into a new night time routine.
Phase 2- Potty Training. We have been working on this on and off since before his 2nd birthday. Since I became pregnant it has been "off" because I have been tired and my nausea has been far worse this time then with David and Noah. David has also become less willing to participate. So when I am ready for a difficult few weeks I will give it another try (hopefully one last try) but I am not sure if that will be before or after Maui.
There are so many funny and special times we have had with David recently. Our first night at Shuswap after we tucked him in he stole both of our pillows and brought them back to his bed to sleep. A few days after we got home I told him it was time for his nap and next thing I knew I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked and looked until I saw a puff of blond hair sticking out from between the couch and the book shelf... he was hiding quite successfully.
He has become a cookie monster for sure. He asks for cookies throughout the day and if mom says no he either persists or finds another tall person who can reach the cookies.
New words every day... new songs and games to play. He is our Joy.

2 comments:

Jenn Stevenson said...

David, you are silly! Hiding at nap time. Hope your nausea is doing better, mine has gotten worse, but it shouldn't be long now. Cold peppermint tea is helping, as is sniffing ginger.
Love Jenn

Lindsay said...

what a little stinker! I love how clever kids are - hiding and stealing pillows :) Sorry to hear you're not feeling well... good luck with the potty training!