Monday, September 1, 2008

Mommy's "Time Out"

Sometimes mommy's need a time out. This weekend I got mine. Friday evening I left for Victoria by myself (this is key). I went to visit my friend Theresa and her two kitty's as well as the puppy she was babysitting. I think this helped the fact that David wasn't around because there is never a dull moment with 3 small animals running around! We rented a couple of movies, ate out and went shopping. What more can a mom ask for when she needs a break. I was originally only going to spend one night but I phoned on Saturday and David didn't miss me yet so I thought I had better stay another night. This was great because I was also able to go out for lunch with my friend Del who I don't get to see often enough (thanks Del). I had a great weekend. On the way home last night I bought David this captains hat and since I don't have any pictures of my weekend away I thought these pictures would go along excellent with my post.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a little cutie in the captain's hat!!! Glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend.

Love from Katherine in Australia

Jenn Stevenson said...

Congrats on the "you" time Melissa. It's good to take a break once every couple of years :)
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Wow he is getting so big. Is it really only a month since I last saw him? Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Miss you

love Nana

theBreedvelds said...

Glad you were able to get away and have a good time! Sometimes "time out" is the best thing!!

Sabrina said...

Good for you Melissa! Sounds like a fun weekend, for sure.