Friday, January 23, 2009

A much needed sunny day...

Today David and I were both very thankful for a beautiful sunny day. It would have been nice if it was a bit warmer but since it is January we will take what we can get. Actually it was cute when we would get a gust of cold wind he would hug my legs and say "cuddle mommy." Don't worry Grandma's... we had his ears covered. We did go for a walk the other day and will be doing that more often. Today we walked and then played in the backyard which we haven't done in a long time. It's been hard having him inside because he is starting to get bored and I am running out of energy. When David is bored he gets into so much trouble. When Jonathan gets home from work we are going to try moving the DVD player and hopefully the computer tower onto the top of the shelves.
The search continues for a house. We did put an offer on a place early this week but it didn't work out. Lots to consider. Before Jonathan and I started dating we each had plans for the future. When we got together those plans merged and expanded. We planned to wait 2 years before having children so that we could pay off his student loan, save up for a house, travel Europe May 2006, and have some alone time before the craziness began. We got married and "the plan" was under way. We went on our honeymoon and my period liked it so much she decided to take a permanent vacation. Okay, maybe not permanent but I didn't see her again until David was 11 months old. Plans change.
We never thought Jonathan would be working in the city. We certainly didn't expect our second son to leave us so soon. And now I am finding it very difficult to know what I want or to come up with a new plan from this point on. Life continues. Sweet Pea is getting ready to be born. And we have no idea where we might end up by the end of 2009. You can sum that up as my 1/4 life crisis if you think I might live to be 100.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa,

Jared and I both commented on how tall David is getting. What a big boy. Glad that you are enjoying the outdoors. Jared and I have been baking in 40 degree heat since he arrived.

Sorry to hear that you didnt get the house. I hope that the perfect place is just around the corner for you.

I totally understand about your 1/4life crisis. Your plans may have changed but your life has been enriched from your unexpected surprises.

I cant wait to give Sweet Pea cuddles in July.

Love Katherine