Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming Soon...

Today we had our 31 week ultrasound of Sweet Pea. We are closer to 31 1/2 weeks and Sweet Pea is measuring a bit on the smaller size... closer to a 30 week baby. Everything else checks out fine... the water pocket on her brain seen at 19 weeks is gone, brain and heart appear normal. Heart rate was 134 bpm... also normal. Blood flow to the umbilical cord was good and amount of amniotic fluid was good. I may get a more full report at my doctors appointment next week but the tech was pretty good at explaining everything to us so I think that is about it. We didn't see any boy parts or girl parts for that matter but she did do a brief 3D ultrasound so that we could see Sweet Pea's face (above picture, you should be able to make out the eyes, nose and mouth). We also have a side profile of the face with nose and mouth touching her arm (below). The top picture is the best one and the easiest to make out but I thought I would post them both anyway.
I have been quite uncomfortable lately and not sleeping the greatest so seeing Sweet Pea today renewed my energy a bit. I enjoy feeling her move everyday and I actually feel her the "strongest" out of the 3... the tech thought that may be because my placenta is in the back so there is not much between baby and my belly. She actually manages to wake me up with her movements in the middle of the night. But seeing her today reminded me of the end result.... a new addition to our family.... coming soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too much longer now Melissa. A beautiful result at the end and an exciting time for everyone.

Jared is finally letting me start to spoil Sweet Pea, even without knowing the gender. I hope you are able to sleep and if not, time is going fast.

I enjoyed the pictures and I look forward to meeting Sweet Pea.

Love Katherine

Sabrina said...

Very excited for you guys! Not too much longer now...I'm going to be on the island in March. Maybe I can come and see you before you have sweet pea!

Nicole Elisabeth said...

the pictures are great! thanks so much for sharing, Im so glad to hear that she is doing well and is healthy! hope you start to feel better soon and that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! you're in my prayers!

Lauren Laidler said...

how exciting!!! the ultra sound pics are gorgeous! thanks for sharing them!!! not long now!!! praying for you and jon & of course david :) xoxoxox