Friday, March 14, 2008

Big Brother, Big Boy!

This backyardigans guitar is one of his newest toys. We have been having fun with it too. David is bringing us lots of smiles and I am so thankful to have him. Without him things would be even more difficult then they currently are. Jonathan went back to work yesterday even though we weren't ready. We just haven't had enough time to let things sink in, adjust, and begin to heal. Life tends to feel like a big dream (not a nice dream) but one that we are waiting to wake up from and have Noah back with us.
Believe it or not this table is out "computer chair" since our computer sits on Jonathan's dresser. David has taken to playing under it while mommy blogs and checks her e-mail. He has grown a lot in the last month. He partly seems bigger because Noah was so little and he's also been growing into the roll of a big brother. He is using more words and talking more in general. Mainly he says "No" and "Oh, Oh!" but he is also making little sentences like "more juice", "I do it"and "what is it?" This makes discovering what he wants much easier... it is also just very cute.

2 comments:

M-Squared Family said...

Hello Melissa.

My name is also Melissa and I went to elementary school and high school with Jonathan. I have been checking your blog over the past couple of months through connections with Kelly E and Rachel C and thought I'd let you know and "delurk" myself, so to speak.

I also wanted to let you know that my husband and I have been praying for you all often over the past couple of months. We were extremely touched by all of the photos that you had posted of Noah and David and we are so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you are still very much in our prayers.

Patyrish said...

What a blessing David is. I know he is really lifting you up during this time.

I can imagine that everything seems so surreal and like it's not really happening to you.

Thinking and praying for your family.