Sunday, March 8, 2009

37 weeks

We are finally in our 37th week. There are 2 days left to vote if we are having a boy or a girl so if you have NOT voted yet please do so. 21 more days until we are "due" but I think and hope Sweet Pea will arrive much sooner then that. There have been a couple days now that I have thought would be D-Day (delivery day that is) but no really painful pre-labour yet. I can definitely tell that it is getting closer. Thankfully all our colds are almost gone so I am feeling much better about the state of our health. We have been able to clean up and disinfect things a bit and my bag is now packed for the hospital. My mom is coming on Tuesday to help out so I am very much looking forward to that.
Sweet Pea is about 21 inches long and weighs 6 1/2 lbs... definitely ready for this world. Now we just have to continue playing the waiting game. It's fun to phone Jonathan at work and tell him that I am in labour but I can't do it too much or he is never going to believe me when it actually happens. I learnt in my last pregnancy not to wake him up when I am having contractions in the middle of the night because he will just roll over and say "that's nice dear."
If I manage to take a picture of my belly today or sometime soon I will add it to this post but honestly it hasn't changed much since my last picture. We are looking forward to posting pictures of our Sweet Pea when he or she arrives.

4 comments:

BSLytwyn said...

Meliss,

"37" weeks!!! ekkkk!. Wow I am so excited for you. I keep thinking every time my phone rings that it's going to be one of you saying you have had your little sweet pea and it's a *_______* and me jumping up and down with excitement and then jumping in the car to come by and meet lil' sweet pea when you are home and ready for visitors...lol. I can't wait for Brooke to have a little friend to play with, I am so glad that our families have children very close in age, there is nothing like having amazing friends to listen and understand.
I can't wait!.

Love you guys, Sheena.

LeAnna (and David) said...

ahhh, men! My dad slept through my mum's labor with my brother until she was ready to go to the hospital...can't catch him losing out on a good night's sleep!

Anonymous said...

Jared and I are both so thrilled that Sweet Pea is almost here. We will be so excited to hear your news and send some baby stuff to you from Australia!

Not sure if anyone is guessing a date and time but my pick is the 15th of March and Jared's is the 21st of March.

Sabrina said...

Hey...so as long as your not in labour any chance of a visit while I am down south? I will be in the lower mainland from the 18-21st. I hope you have the baby soon so that maybe I can come and meet sweet pea!