Wednesday, March 4, 2009

36 1/2

We are about 1/2 way through our 36th week of pregnancy... Noah was born right around this time. My body is definitely starting to get ready but this last week has been a complete write off. Jonathan and I got bad colds last Wednesday, he is still coughing quite a bit but for the most part we have recovered. And David got something similar on Monday but he also had more of a fever and was throwing up (always fun). He is in his own bed tonight and we are hoping he stays there because no one in the house got much sleep last night. He was playing today which is a good sign he is feeling better and when Grammy asked him this morning "How are you feeling?" his response was "chocolate cake!" so I think that is another indication that he is on the mend.

I had another doctors appointment today and everything is going well. My belly isn't showing any growth for the week but that is likely because Sweet Pea now has her head positioned very low. I've also lost 2 pounds which will often happen before labour starts but as I mentioned we've been sick so that could also be the cause. I am not ready to start labour yet. So much nesting to do... so little time! So we put off checking my cervix until next week in case that's all we need to start labour. Usually just checking your cervix won't cause labour to start but as of last week I have already begun dilating so we don't want to chance it just yet.

Today I've gotten the feeling that this baby is coming soon so I don't know if that is a motherly hunch or just wishful thinking. Really it is coming soon... in the next 3 weeks soon anyway.
This week we are just going to be trying to get back to full health and disinfect everything around us in the process. Lots to get ready before Sweet Pea does arrive but in the next few days we should have the major stuff done.

Please pray for our family's health. We have all been way more sick this year then usual and it would be really helpful if it was over now so that we can be healthy when there is a new born around... and in preparation for that.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Praying for you always! So excited for you...maybe you'll have the baby while I'm home and I can come and meet little sweet pea!

LeAnna (and David) said...

i'll be praying for you guys, and hoping your exciting time isn't full of added stress from nasty colds and flus!

BSLytwyn said...

Awe, poor thing's. Ben is sick with a cold right now, I just got over one which I had for almost 2 weeks strait, it just would not go a way. Thankfully, (knock on wood) Cameron & Brooke have both stayed cold free so far. I can't wait for sweet pea to arrive, I am so excited for you two- really you would think that I was having another baby that's how excited I am for you guys lol. As soon as you have had baby and are up for visitors- I'll defiantly be one of the first there to hold baby. Call me meliss when you are feeling up to it.

Love, Sheena.

Anonymous said...

I hope that everyone feels better soon. Jared and I are thinking of you all this month and eagerly awaiting Sweet Pea's arrival. We keep thinking that 'Sweet Pea might arrive today' but time will soon tell.

All the best in preparing for your baby girl (I hope!)

Love Katherine and Jared